Saturday, January 21, 2012

On the Home Front this Week

Ah, nothing like making snowballs on a January day… 

2428063240101075419uRKZNp_fs (Large) (Large)

However, this January day calls for this kind, instead. 

DSC_1175

It sure has been unusual weather.

Besides making snowballs this week, my youngest daughter and I have been watching “My Fair Lady,” little bits at a time, as we get a chance.  I have always admired Audrey Hepburn.  She was so talented! 

DSC_1190

Monday, we had an opportunity to visit a home that we used to live in, which was an unexpected blessing!  We had not seen the inside since we moved out in 1997.  To our surprise, the day we saw it landed on the anniversary of when we moved there!  We felt God’s hand in that!  Recounted memories and adventures came to life for my 13 year old, since we had already moved out before she was born.  The five of us spent several evenings watching old VHS home movies reminiscing of our beloved days in that house.

File6Pictured is my now 19 year old, as she woke up and saw her Christmas presents in 1995,

File5and her having a birthday, along with my now 24 year old and my beautiful mom.  

Wednesday afternoon I visited with a lovely 91 year old lady with a gorgeous melodious voice, and her artistically gifted daughter. Their picturesque southern home was built in the 1850’s.  Charming!  The ladies and the home!  

DSC_1152

I got a surprise in the mail yesterday—a book called "Personal Battle Planner” written by Charles Stanley, from a giveaway.  How I came about it was interesting.  Last Sunday evening, I was planning to go upstairs to get settled in, and felt like for some reason I needed to go to In Touch.  So just in case God meant for me to, I did, even though I had already visited their website earlier in the day.  I saw the giveaway and wondered… Oh how I love that the Lord is interested in every detail of our lives! 

DSC_1247 

My husband and his dad have been cutting lumber on the portable sawmill today, getting ready to build a garage/workshop next to our house.  Busy days ahead—the best kind!

DSCN0073

That about covers our week in this neck of the woods.  I hope all is well with you and thanks for dropping in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a delightful but productive week. I enjoyed viewing the old photos of your children. You are fortunate to have such precious memories of those beautiful times.

I hope that you enjoy your new book. It looks interesting. :)

Mrs.T said...

What a nice week you have had! Looking at those snowballs just makes me feel cold, however! It was 12 below zero up here on Sunday morning!

Pam said...

Thank you for sharing your week and pictures--I enjoyed the visit! (How fun that must have been to visit your former house!)

Pam said...

Thanks, also, for checking in with me about my recovery! I'm doing fine now and starting to catch up with things. Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...